People Source Consulting have been retain to recruit a IT Support Technician for a large NHS organisation in Bristol.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing IT team during a period of excited change as they revolutionise the NHS Trust’s IT infrastructure and adopt cutting-edge healthcare technology.
Working as part of the vital IT Service Delivery team, you and the team will be responsible for providing first and second level technical support, project based work and service delivery, includes; application, system, and hardware related technical support, technical lead on projects and installations covering all the Trust IT services. The team also have responsibility for some network installation and configuration work.
• The post holder will be required to provide first level technical phone support in a service desk environment and deal with both requests and incidents.
• Deliver support via all delivery methods – phone, email, remote assistance.
• Accurately log, update and maintain the departments records and systems. Examples: Helpdesk & Customer databases; inventory of IT assets, knowledge, change, incident and problem management
• Ensure all requests and incidents that cannot be resolved directly and need to be assigned to other helpdesk teams (Line 3+), have adequate diagnostics, priority setting and relevant information captured and recorded.
• A relevant IT professional qualification or equivalent IT experience in a technical service delivery and support environment.
• Expertise covering wide scope of IT technologies to include IT infrastructure software, hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks, desktop devices, mobile working technologies
• Excellent standard of communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to handle conflict of all types and at all levels.
• Ability to be customer focused, providing high standards of service delivery, taking ownership of requests, being organised, working on own initiative, making decisions, and ensuring requests are completed to timelines.
• NHS experience, or experience gaining working within any large, multi-sited organisation